Monday, November 17, 2008

To Deal with the Devil

"Please drink, it will keep you warm." The gypsy produced 6 steaming mugs seemingly from nowhere. "I would hate for my guests to be chilled." His comment was ironic for it dripped with ice.

Dante exploded with anger, "Tell me how you escaped Veritas." To which the gypsy laughed. A laugh that was haunting complimented by a scream from a far tower. Someone there was dieing. He said, "I'll tell you. I'll tell you when the one Tatyana called Arora is with me forever." Bella did not react she could not react.

"You are the embodiment of evil, we'll never help you."

"I may have escaped your prison but you will not escape mine. Drink?"

Dante throws the mugs down and draws his blades, "I will stop you Veritas." Then something strange happenned. Dante tried to cover his ears with his shoulders as if hiding from some unseen sound. Bella's hearing was more sensitive than his she was sure but she heard nothing. Morgan spoke up next Dante seemingly frozen, "What if we go and find her for you? Will you let us go?"

The gypsy sniffed and smiled, "If you want to go looking for her then I will allow it. Though I will demand some trade. Morgan and Bella will stay with me the rest of you could go. Please try some." The mugs suddenly reappeared on the table.


Tatyana had said this man was her creator. She wondered what game he was playing, she was part entranced and part horrified. Morgan broke in again, "If I stay, you let the rest of them go?"

Greyson burst in, "No, I don't know everything that is going on here but there has got to be another way. We're leaving we are all leaving."

"No," She said calmly, "I'm staying. Let my friends go and I'm yours." Her tone was calm and tempered. Only the slightest strain on her lip indicated she did not want to stay with him. Though her heart rate expressed genuine fear. Bella was impressed how smooth even her breathing was. What had that women seen that allowed her to be so calm when everyone else was so...not?

The gypsy with a voice that sounded like wind scraping across dried leaves, "Agreed."

"NO!!!!" Greyson reaches for Morgan but only grabs fog. With an audible pop, the group was back in Atlanta.

"Morgan?" Greyson called out. She was nowhere. "Morgan?" He called again. The whole group panned around. They were in an office with no sign of Morgan. The office held several banners of a golden dragon and a flying island. A full bookshelf and an ornate oak desk and a holy symbol of some type in a corner. No Morgan though. "I'm going back." There was an audible pop and suddenly there was no MOrgan and there was no Greyson.

---

Greyson stood staring into space. Ahead of him several hundred yards was the ruined fortress that was holding Morgan. Why was everyone so nervous? They faced him before. Why would Morgan give herself up? She can not be good. Her heart may have good intentions but it she was corrupted by the dark side. Greyson was sure of it. Yet she was a companion and he would not let fear turn him from saving someone who needed it. He took a step forward then stopped. If we could not take him together I'll just die going in there. There was bravery then there was stupidity. They needed more men. Greyson went back to Galan's office to find the extra help.

No comments: