Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Devin Greyfoot Wandererr king

For countless lives of men have I walked this earth.  Once I held with glory the sword of infinite power.  I used it to slaw Zyr the Demon Dragon who dared to fights the gods.  With the sword broken I took one shard and left my castle and kingdom to wait.  To wait for ever a day my old enemy would return and to fight in the defense of the gods once more.

For lifeages, I walked and roamed.  I saw elves who worshiped other gods, and forsook them for their own pride and power.  I saw that kingdom fall below the sea.  I saw kings, queens, princes and peasants born live and die in all blinks of my eye.  It is always the same, elf and man after them, rejoice in war tyranny and their own destruction.  The cycle repeats always with only short breathes of life which builds their societies only so they can have something to tear down.

I have passed through darkness, shadow and light until there is nothing left that matters to me except the shard that I hold.  The duty with I must hope I never have to fullfil-- to face Zyr again.  Yet sometimes I think it would be best to let him destroy us all at least then it would be over.

Who wants to live forever?
Who wants to love forever?

Its all decided for us?
This world has only one sweet moment set aside.

Who dares to live forever?
Who dares to love forever?

When love must die!

No comments: