Wednesday, March 21, 2012

a deal is a deal

Lucius ranked high in the brotherhood the emperor had established.  He had atuned himself with the force well enough to hear the emperors whispers if needed.  He would one day be the listener and sit on the crystal throne.

But today he sat somewhere completely different...the booth by the balcony, and the Frenchmen greeted him.

Do you come for yourself or your master?

I come for you.  You lied to the emperor, may he live forever, and now I've been chosen to make you pay.

Lied, I wouldn't get very far in my business by lieing would i?  About as far as you'll get trying to make me pay.  The emperor wanted to know where she was.  I told him.  I even told him my source as a show of sincerity...the seeker.  In exchange he gives me one soul very every thousand he collects and he nor his minions will never collect mine.  My end was fullfilled ill expect him to honor his.  I don't break deals that's not what I do.

You knew she wouldn't be there.

Perhaps but that wasn't what he asked for.  He wanted to know where she was, a wise man would have asked where she was going.  If I'm not mistaken he confirmed via an entirely independent source that I was right and he just missed her.  But if you are now ready to ask the right question, I can answer it... For a price.

Lucius stand up enraged, "your deal will not be honored.  You gave us nothing."

Come now, no one breaks a deal with me.  Even making that deal could cause him trouble with hades.  Especially given his past poor performance, in addition to all the souls I know he didn't collect on time and is hiding.  Buying souls is one thing stealing them another.  But your lord need not fear so long as I believe hell keep his word I have no reason to destroy him.

Lucius was frozen.  This man was blackmailing the emperor a god.  And going to get away with it.

Merv continued, "I have in my possesion a seeress trained by andrea herself, and I can tell the one winged where anastasia will be.  Ht just needs to decide what else he can give me to make it worth my trade."

No comments: