Monday, March 19, 2012

Freedom

"Dear Fearless One.  I have done all with in my power to save my friend.  Thank you for giving Kaeden to me as a companion, and brother.  He has been my friend through many struggles.  He now rests captive to the evil minions of the one winged angel.  They will not through reason or diplomacy release him and I have been forbidden from using force to free him. I have exhausted all power with in me and now ask on your mercy for a miracle.  Please return him to me.  I ask not this for myself, but to spare his suffering.  He should not suffer for my mistake.  I also ask out of love for those he and I maybe able to save if working together.  Please save my friend when I can not."

................................................................................................................................................................

Kaeden stood shackled above each hoof both wings broken, but not his heart or will. "Dear Fearless One, I thank thee for the opportunity to serve you across multiple lives.  I thank thee for the blessing of knowing Nathan, my brother.  I am here following my divine call.  I have protected the seeker by placing myself in harms way so he would not have to.  It is my honor to live and die for him and for you.  I know now in these chains you have the power to deliver me, but even if you do not my faith and gratitude are always with thee.

................................................................

The walls and floor of the prison began to shake trembling before a mighty unseen power.

The chain lit red than whit with heat until they melted, yet did not scorch kaedens flesh.

White energy and light carried from where the chains had bound him and washed his body.  The wave pulsed up his legs and out the tips of his wings causing wounds to heal and bones to mend.

The wall and ceiling cracked under the shaking.  Kaeden recognized his deliverance and with wings spread he soared out of the misery of captivity into the sweet air of freedom.

No comments: