Sunday, March 4, 2012

Interview with an almost vampire

"So where do you want to start?"

She was silent in response.

"A voice like yours shouldn't be silent. Why don't you tell me why you helped him?"

She rubbed her fingers across the low center of her neck tracing an invisible but not forgotten scar and said nothing.

"All the detect spells show no charm, no control. It must have been a choice. Why? The Ballad of Darkness, gave you your start to stardom was it out of gratitude?"

She sat there he curly hair falling into her face as she seemed to only examine the lines of the floor.

"He's gone now locked up, destroyed."

She lashed out and had it not been for the chains on her wrists she would have throttled him. "He can not be stopped. No matter how bright the day, the sun always sets and the Darkness always returns." Even in chains her voice couldn't help but carry notes.

"Then it was for fear? You believed no one could protect you?"

"No. I had broken free of his beautiful dark lure. The lovely black velvet held me tightly once, Galan saved me. He destroyed the Volturium the light vanquished the shadow and gave me freedom, I know they can be defeated."

"Then why?"

"He was my angel of music."

"Angel? Interesting term for Lord Darkness."

"In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came to me. His image his story gave birth to my voice. In a land of Geneva, to be less than perfect is a crime. They all scurry about pretending to be immune to the shadow that rests in all our hearts. Darkness understood what we really are, who I really was. When I sang his ballad I felt complete, as though I was one with him. I always felt that I was only waiting for the flames to consume me. When he came to me as we prepared the concert I knew I was past the point of no return. He told me his bride had betrayed him and begged me to lead him from his solitude. I agreed, only with the dead did I ever feel alive."

"You agreed, to what?"

"I was the mask he wore. It was my voice but him who they would hear. He promised to fulfill me. I swore to serve him and drank his blood. I became his bride, the only way to stop the ritual is to kill the master. And I since he can not die, I was and now will forever be his. I belong to the eternal, I am an extension of the Darkness. . . forever."

"Lord Malekite, may he live forever, takes no pity on the undead abominations. The ritual can not be stopped but your sacrifice will prove helpful in future hunting and destroying of the undead plague. You're going to be sent to the mage's school where you will be studied and dissected, the Angel of Death be willing we will find a way to use your connection to him to destroy him. The Empire thanks you for your cooperation. You must realize the reign of darkness is over.." "Is it? Once the antilife touches, infects, liberates someone it never leaves. It stays inside, and in even the slightest moment of despair it will take its form. And who could be better at destroying hope among the nations of the world than the Emperor, may he live forever. Even with my lord in an urn his spirit continues, he lives on inside your mind."

No comments: