Monday, October 15, 2012

Devils Deal in Deals

"Its good to speak again to an old friend." The Merovingian said as Darkness sat down across from him.

"I am not often surprised but this visit does just that.  Tell me what can I do for you."

Darkness stared at the man and spoke, "It is for the sake of both of us that I have come.  The Red Saint's interference is slowing the work on the Anti-life equation.  Something we have both worked on together for a long time."

"Yes yes, when are you going to give up that obsession.  You've been puzzling that thing out for nearly all of your 8,000 years.  It can't be done.  You see it is based on false assumptions.  You strive to take away peoples ability to chose, you can not destroy something that does not exist. People and gods only do what they must.  The one universal truth--causality.  One thing leads to another and in the end were are all where we must be.  This world with the Saint after you, and you here in my bar is the inevitable conclusion of a million causes.  There is no will to steal."

"You are wrong.  I know because unlike you which puppets from a distance I have reached into someones soul, as life leaves them and I fill it to become their world their will, to compell another and take their choices from them."

"Well if you do succeed I trust you'll remember our deal the price for helping you.  You will leave me unaffected and will do anything I ask, so long as I say ...."

"Please, Yes I remember.  But the great new world of Darkness is delayed by the same man you tormented you but a century earlier.  You should join me to destroy him."

"He has pardoned me of all crime, what cause do I have in this fight?"

"I know the gods have already come to you for help.  You have the keys to his Cathederal and the secrets to how to keeps their powers from affecting him.  The Vega.  They must have offered you enough already."

"They have offered a prize but it was not enough alone. I need something else.  Specifically you."

"I know the gods want me, but Darkness will not agree to turn himself over to the gods.  There is no profit for me." Darkness used the frenchmen's own words against him.

"NO no my friend, it is not the gods that want you but Trevor.  Has he not already promised you power and position.  The Black Raven calls and you ignore him."

"Darkness is no man's servant.  No Lich be they Raven or Saint will bring the Eternal to their bidding."

"How long before the Red Saint finds the Urn Derrick?  He studies and accumulates knowledge it is only a matter of time.  Now he is an annoyance but someday he will be your undoing.  You must agree to join the Raven.  In exchange I will give the gods the knowledge they need break through his defenses, and you the key to his Cathederal, to borrow.  From the inside you could use your powers to open a conduit for the Gods to curse and destroy the Saint.  Or you fight this war for centuries more as I did and even if you win, delay the antilife by a millennium,  Do what you must do."

"I will join Trevor, but only after the Saint is dealt with."

"DEAL!"

No comments: