Monday, October 8, 2012

Verdict

At long last the merovingian had fallen to justice.  Exodus and sampson brought him before the red saint in chains.  With all his holy vestements the red saint peered down in judgement against his enemy.

The merovingian spoke in smooth tones, though he was obviously insulted by his treatment he made his case clearly and rationally.

"You have done well to capture me saint, though your sacrifice unneeded.  Why do you do this thing? For justice?  I value justice above all else, it is justice and fairness which allows me to profit.  Never do I hunt someone out, and never to I offer deals that are not asked for.  It is not my fault nor is it unjust that people ask for what they should not nor agree to terms they can not meet.  I simply meet needs, no more no less, to show mercy as I am often asked would in fact rob justice, a crime I have never comitted."

With so few words he had done what no army or force previously had managed...stoped the red saint.

The saint was shocked, the frenchman was right.  The saint had been mistaken, his perspectives of good and evil had blurred his understanding of perfect justice.  The merovingian had comitted no crime.

"You are innocent of the charges against you.  Go now and see justice done."

"No no no, what about my justice, you have caused me much pain for your unjust acts need not I be made whole."

"Do not push me, you have your leave nothing else."

"No you gain your power as an infalliable dealer of justice, if that is lost all is lost.  You will atone to me because you must atone."

"What would make you whole."

"Not much, you have such a lovely home, and your ability to weilding divine through the arcane.  I require the key to your tower prison and a copy of your holy vega.  That should give me the power I need to make this injustice forgiven."

And thus did the frenchman arrive in chains and leave with all the keys of the saints kingdom.

No comments: