Sunday, October 14, 2012

Losing my religion

The sounds of battle raged around her.  Many good men would die today, but it would stab a wound at her father and rescue prince Gerzon...her half brother.

With her imperial troops and death guard creating a diversion Elaina went into Malekites stronghold on the 6th level of hell alone.  though not entirely alone, She was well equiped and had her faith--logar was always with her.

Slaying the guard to the dungeon, she stepped into the corridor and saw long rows of cells on either side.  These cells were the product of hellish craftmanship, designed not just to hold their prisoner but to induce great amounts of torture and pain and suffering. Despite the misery and heavy oppression she could have seen she saw only him.  Shisimaru landstarr, the witch king the great traitor.  He had forsaken the trappings of an imperial general and instead was adorned as a demon prince with a spike crown and faceless mask.  She could see Gerzon chained to the wall behind him.

He stride did not break nor did her pace waiver.  She was on the light's mission, the light would grant victory her faith was pure.  Blades clashed and the corridor rang with the music of battle.  Her heart beat to it.  The flashing of sparks as steel bit steel be it armor or blade cast Sharp violent shadows even if it was for brief seconds.  He had been taught trained and sculpted by Malekite for years, she the same by logar.  As the two represented light and dark the fight now occuring came to represent the battle between the two forces made flesh.

Her faith held strong despite his superior skill.  It paid off, she block a wild swing causing him to fall off balance and lining her a killing blow. "Stop!" Malekites voice reverberated through the corridor, other prisoners slunk deeper into their shadows to hide. "You'be proven yourself apprentice and I do not wish her dead."

Elaina looked around in surprise and found Shisimaru's stumble to be a ploy.  He had a cursed dagger drawn and ready to strike past all her defenses...in her zeal, she had not even seen it.

Malekite manifest amidst waves of flame and shades of black, on wicked black featherred wing embracing shadow. "Besides I tried to give gerzon back.  He can't be broken... Much too strong, like his father. You can take him."

She threw words at him, "what's the catch angel of death?"

"Nothing, but truth.  I hate that my children only have hatred for their father, yet that is the greatest gift I could give you...that of power. And your hatred makes you powerful."

"I gain my power from my faith from the light."

"You lie to yourself.  You were stolen from your crib and personally tutored by the lights champion logar and what did he teach you, compassion mercy tenderness charity...no, he taught what I teach, hate.  It is just that he taught you to hate me.  He created a weapon to use nothing more.  We are all the same, now that I am a god I see it.  The strong rule the weak, we destroy those whom serve no purpose and only forward our own goals. But they are worse, because they lie about who they are, they pretend to be good."

"There is a difference between someone pretend to be good and an imperfect person striving to be."

"Let me show you."

Through the flames images formed.  The temple of the demon dragon held shut by Luther.  Orders being given to the skyriders to arrest the sith aiding him and to give no assistance themselves. The demon dragon gaining freedom.  His demon horde clashing with the armies of men and the dragon killing thousands in seconds with sand and fire breath.  Then zyr his one reptilian wing stretching in power proclaims to the heroes fleeing from him, "I am vegeta, you will fall the council will fall the abyss and mount celestial will be mine."

The images vanished, "your isle let, no helped the real veteran to escape.  Why would they such and thing? Why would they risk so much and ensure the suffering of so many?  The answer is simple- to hurt me. They think with those demons who follow me as crystal leaving my service I will be weaker.  They are sacrificing the welfare of others to only forward their own goals.  I've always known he was the real vegeta and lied to keep the hordes from freeing him because I know the prophecy and what it means for everyone.  Yet I'm the villian.  Take your brother and leave."

Shaken she stood hesitating. He continued striking like a serpent, "Unless you wish to stay in your fathers embrace.  I will not offer you love or acceptance these things are lies, I will instead offer you truth.  To see there is no right or wrong side, just the winning and losing side. I would let you win with me."

Elaina sheathed her sword and feeling faith slip through her fingers like water she turned from her father and lifted her brother from his chains.  Slowly and sullen she carried him back to her forces and left.
:..............................................................

Khan looked from the scrying font toward the pit fiend on his left.  Does that satisfy you?  From his own mouth he has been lieing to you and your kind.  He is a false messiah.

No comments: