Thursday, September 20, 2012

A deal is struck

"And what do you have to offer? Nothing, you come to me asking and bring nothing.  That is not a deal that is not a trade that is charity. And that is something I do not do.  I prefer to help those who earn it." The Merovingian said coldly.

Devin was confused and frustrated, "But if you don't help us defeat him we'll all be destroyed.  We must fight this together."

The deal maker laughed, "Why must I help you? because if I don't your boogie man will kill me too.  It is the why that is the most powerful of all.  You do not understand my why and therefore have no power. But because I do love a deal I will make a proposal.  There is a sphere of black obsidian guarded by a population of undead that have been harrassing the forces around the demon temple from the south.  Bring me that sphere -- as a bonus doing so will destroy the undead forces there.   The late sith lord Ashrum had a lightsaber he was fond of.  Bring it to me -- he has no use of it.  King Dante has a ranger body guard named Lilly, Lilly has a new infant with in her, bring her to me.  The infinity sword is not the key to killing the demon dragon, collect all the shards except the one I have and bring them to me -- you no longer need it and even though it can't physically kill the dragon, by giving it to me you will gain the knowledge to do so."

"You ask for a lot Frenchman."

"I ask for nothing less than what you must give.  Now we both now how this deal will end so please stop delaying and do what you came here to do, do what MUST do."

With a heavy sigh, "If what you say is true, I will agree to your terms.  In exchange for all the shards of the Infinity sword, Ashrum's old lightsaber, the black sphere, and the ranger Lilly you will tell us how to kill the Demon Dragon Zyr permanently."

"Grand!  we have an accord."  he signed a document and slid it across the table.  Devin signed it as well. "Return when you have the items."

"I swear I will.  Zyr must be defeated no matter the cost."

No comments: