Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A Raven in the Bar

"No, the correct answer is because you must be.  You are not accustomed to failing jobs, and you were out thought and beaten.  Now because of you Malekite can not help Devin find out the way to defeat Zyr.  Of all your employers the Sith tolerate failure the least.  You are here because you must be.  You need me to forgive or change the terms.  That is why you came her first before even speaking to your employer."

The Merovingian had a way to making you feel desperate even if you weren't.  Unfortunetly for Raven, the ranger tramp had already made her desperate.  She had offered to help her and tried to play as a friend.  It was more proof that people did not respond to friendship only strength, she should have just taken the child... now was not the time, she had to keep her wits about her.

She tried to stay casual and matter of fact, "So what else is worth Lilly's baby?"

The Frenchman smiled, "You want more than that.  You want me to make it seem like you didn't fail.  You want me to give you an alternative price and prevent Malekite from knowing just how close you were to destroying everything for him."

"A job is simple, state a price.  name a target and I collect it. I've been doing this a long time."

"Not nearly as long as I have deary. But you are in luck, Dante has another unborn child I need.  One that will be even better for my purposes.  I need you to go into the temple of Logar in the Grey Havens and bring me Audrey and her unborn child.  I'll also require King Dante's journal from the few days around when he returned from the Underworld and claimed the throne."

"Ok done, I'll have her and the journal shortly." She was just glad he offered anything, she could still make it right.

"Now to the other part, I'll only extend this offer if you do me a favor."

"What Favor?"

...

No comments: