Saturday, February 7, 2009

Marcus

Marcus continued in the small talk waiting for General Galan to come out and ask the questions he had called him here to ask. "I grew up in the Mei Kong when the Showgun order collapsed under the Ashrum sith attack we fled to Midgar. When it was exposed that Lilandria was a sith we were with the refugess that fled to 'New Midgar' under protection of Geneva. I joined the army of Atlanta and thats been my home ever since. Until recently when I was transfered to the army of the south under your command General."

Galan nodded very politely and motioned toward Lucian, the Paladin guarding his door. "Seems like you've been from all over, seen more of the world than most your age. One of my associates is also from the Mei Kong. A showgun as a matter of fact, he'd mentioned he had tried to find you earlier and you missed eachother." The elf in showgun robes entered and bowed slightly at the waste. "I am Knight Pierce." He said in formal showgun introduction. Marcus fought back a smile though his lip twinged slightly. It reminded him of home.

"I am Lt. Marcus." Marcus replied formally. For just a moment Marcus was nervous, Galan was going to start some questioning again and what he knew may get him in trouble. THough, Marcus was use to keepoing secrets. General Galan was the nest to speak, "Greyson is one of my men tasked with finding out how Gerald died. We just have some questions as part of the formal investigation, no one is accusing anyone we just need to gather all clues we can wherever they can be found."

Marcus absorbed Galan's hypocritical lies calm as ice. "Of course."

"What happenned?"

"Thomas adn i were tasked with guarding the Colonel unti you arrived to question him. Upon you enterance he fell to the ground spitting up blood." Galan nodded. Marcus knew he was using his hollow gods ot detect the truth of his words and Marcus would never say one word that was untrue.

"I have to ask this, were you involved in his death in anyway?"

With no hesitation, "I was guarding him and his safety was my responsibility. So in that way his death is my fault. THough I did not move to kill him nor aid anoyone who did nor was I aware of any consipiracy or attempt to take his life. I am innocent of the crime of murdering Gerald." Galan nodded his acceptance of the truth.

"Very well, thank you. Dismissed."

Marcus stood and left. True he was innocent but what he knew could tell them who was not. However, his plans were elsewhere.

No comments: