Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Old Friends

Luther, or Polaridin as he called himself now, was with Galan delivering the message from Lord Raquel. It was exciting to have Luther Polaridin back. He was wise and cunning. Despite being less advanced in the study of spellcraft Luther was able to use the talent he had to Seriths superior when they seperated. However, Serith felt that may have changed now with the changes and reflecting Serith had done since Luther left. He had even changed his name from Blade to Serith. He knew all too well the need to start and live a new life.

So did the person he was going to talk to. It had been what seemed like several lifetimes since Illyena and Serith last spoke. She did not have the rigid guard and wait like Galan did she sat in the open a large Dire wolf close by as she cooked a stew in a small pot, barely larger than an ale mug. He smiled as he approached in spite of himself. The Dire wolf sprung up and showed his teeth cautioning Serith to stand fast.

Serith openned his arms and transformed his image in an effortless gesture revealing the old Blade. "Illyena, how are you?" With a small whistle the wolf stood down and rested a few feet from them still eyeing Blade nervously. A large falcon delivers a small rabbit to Illyenna and perched on some piled up equipment. "YOu have to forgive Rex. He takes being the only one I can trust very serious."

"Well I hope you could trust me."

"really? The one who stormed out in a toddler tantrum when I decided not to be a Queen."

"I was young and it pained me for you to not claim what you deserved. And to my shame I was jealous."

"WHat I deserve and what I want and ultimately what I get are never the same. I made my choice and you made yours. You say jealous. jealous of what?"

"Tassadar."

Only the smallest smirk crosses her face to even acknowledge the comment. She quickly moved on to something else. "Why are you here now then?"

"I wanted to know what your plan is. I hear you now want to be queen."

"Have you come to stand with me?"

"I just wondered why if you abdicated all of your power so quickly before why risk peoples lives to take it back." Serith worried that may have been too bold. Though she took it in stride.

"I gave it up so I could have a man and a life that did not want me. Since that moment all I could do was hate and vester and drown in my own depression. I've closed that door to my past. And I have to find the world I left behind. I can not let a puppet of some corrupt FOX run the lives of my people."

"And you are sure that your rule will be better." Serith thought he maybe should have taken a moment to convey some emotion before throwing another question but it fell out of his mouth.

"Because I will do it for them and my self," this response with passion, "not the purse string of some theif."

Serith nodded. He knew that she was trying to do what she knew was right. "Galan is honorable and trustworthy. If he has told you he'll put you on the throne trust that it will happen."

"I don't trust much."

Serith stopped and leveling his gaze, "Trust this, I will do all I can to protect and save you. You can trust me to be a friend and more if you need."

She blushed and averted her eyes. A long 3 second pause as she pulled deep with in herself for a response. "You are from Enron, in a short time I will be your Wueen. As your Queen, I may call upon you."

"Certainly, call on my anytime."

No comments: