Friday, January 30, 2009

A Paladin's Prayer


Oh Holy Tyre,

I am grateful for the faithfulness of these troops. Details never reached the very bottom just orders. These soliders know to trust orders and follow them.

Thou knows that after Illyena joined use we marched west towards Prythos and Jonathan. It was Jag who had told me that if we hoped to win we had to fight from a defensive position. I did not think we could reach Prythos before Jonathan did. He recommended Arvan's castle. With this army I could destroy my fallen brother and defend in the narrow pass.

I also felt that The Rock, only wanting Dante, would have passed by Pyrthos and left its people safe. I was wrong. He sent his dragons to attack it as he marched his army towards me. I thank thee for the strength given to Greyson and those sent with him to Prythos as they were able to defeat the dragons. Nothing short of a miracle by thine arm would allow such a victory.

Though Jag speaks sound advice at times, I fear his intentions. Something is wrong about him and I pray, Tyre, thou might expose him to me so I may prevent further evil in this world. Please let thy wisdom guide my hand and distinguish from his plots and sound wisdom.

I am grateful for the faith that allows me to know that so long as we pursue justice, thou will reward the victory to us.

Amen.

No comments: