Thursday, January 15, 2009

Return

Greyson waited patiently. Patients and submission to the force was nearly always the best choice. He had been healed on the Isle, then the Isle aranged to have his life force restored by the grace of their gods. Greyson was hesitant to accept the help from the 'gods'. While they were powerful manifestations of the force they were simply manifestations all was part of the all including the gods. Master Windstar had ordered him to accept the help and informed him that the orders of the Empress, may she live forever, was to forget and ignore the vampire encounter. Though it was his orders to forget, he would be ever mindful of the force around him, the Volturium were coming for him, and Bella was not to be trusted either, now he realized that she was not a prisoner but a part of them.

Vadellya and the Vampire came to the gate with Dante. "We are suppose to take you to General Galan." Captain Dante said with polished military discipline. Just within the wooden pallisade of the camp 6 men in cloaks and a grey sash approach rapidly. "Dante come with us."

Greyson barely heard Dante whisper something to Vadellya and they were both gone. The silence was tangiable and horribly ackward. "Hi, I'm Greyson." Greyson blurted out doing his best to disarm the tension. The elven soliders seemed to soften their expressions. "Dante is an enemy of the state. Any found aiding him will be treated as the same. When he comes back you find one of the Rock's men and inform us." The silence drug on and the tension pinned them in place as the guards returned to their posts.

Breaking the tension but bringing it to a whole new level the Vampire openned her mouth, "I'm sorry." Silence. "I told everyone what I was. We all agreed not to talk about it anymore but..." silence. "I was harsh to you. Unjustly so. I realize now you were trying to save me. I also realized, even more painful to think about, that I needed saving. They aren't good people. Galan and the rest here are. " silence. "I'm sorry I told you to die."

Silence. Bella seemed like a little girl innocent and even nervous. He smiled, "Thanks for talking to me. Welcome to the good guys."

No comments: